SEO – Search engine optimization is the process of affecting the online visibility of a website or a web page in a web search engine’s unpaid results—often referred to as “natural”, “organic”, or “earned” results. SEO is all about optimizing a website for search engines. SEO technique :
- designing and developing a website to rank well in search engine results.
- improving the volume and quality of traffic to a website from search engines.
- marketing by understanding how search algorithms work.
Search engine optimization is a subset of search engine marketing. Search engine optimization is also referred as SEO copyrighting, because most of the techniques that are used to promote sites in search engines, deal with text.
If you plan to do some basic SEO ( Search engine optimization ), it is essential that you understand how search engines work.
How Search Engine Works?
Search engines perform several activities in order to deliver search results.
- Crawling – Process of fetching all the web pages linked to a website. This task is performed by a software, called a crawler or a spider.
- Indexing – Process of creating index for all the fetched web pages and keeping them into a giant database from where it can later be retrieved. Essentially, the process of indexing is identifying the words and expressions that best describe the page and assigning the page to particular keywords.
- Processing – When a search request comes, the search engine processes it.
- Calculating Relevancy – It is likely that more than one page contains the search string, so the search engine starts calculating the relevancy of each of the pages in its index to the search string.
- Retrieving Results – The last step in search engine activities is retrieving the best matched results, it is nothing more than simply displaying them in the browser.
Search engines such as Google ,Yahoo and Bing! often update their relevancy algorithm dozens of times per month. When you see changes in your rankings it is due to an algorithmic shift or something else outside of your control.
What is SEO Copywriting?
Search engine optimization Copywriting is the technique of writing viewable text on a web page in such a way that it reads well for the surfer, and also targets specific search terms. Its purpose is to rank highly in the search engines for the targeted search terms.
Along with viewable text, SEO copywriting usually optimizes other on-page elements for the targeted search terms. These include the Title, Description, Keywords tags, headings, and alternative text.
The idea behind SEO copywriting is that search engines want genuine content pages and not additional pages often called “doorway pages” that are created for the sole purpose of achieving high rankings.
SEO copywriting is a specialized form of online writing that:
- Contains keyphrases — words your target reader types into a search box to find the information she wants.
- Helps online content rank higher in search results (such as Google.)
- Drives qualified traffic.
What is Search Engine Rank?
When you search any keyword using a search engine, it displays thousands of results found in its database. A page ranking is measured by the position of web pages displayed in the search engine results. If a search engine is putting your web page on the first position, then your web page rank will be number 1 and it will be assumed as the page with the highest rank.
Search engine ranking is the position at which a particular site appears in the results of a search engine query. Each page of the search results typically lists 10 websites, although they are sometimes augmented with local listings, videos and images.
Ranking higher in the search results actually corresponds to a lower number (#1), while ranking lower corresponds to a higher number (#10). Many site owners engage in SEO campaigns in order to improve their search engine ranking and move their website closer to the top of the results because websites that are ranked higher typically get a larger percentage of click-throughs and attract more visitors than lower ranked websites.
SEO is the process of designing and developing a website to attain a high rank in search engine results.
What is On-Page and Off-page SEO?
Conceptually, there are two ways of optimization:
- On-Page SEO – It includes providing good content, good keywords selection, putting keywords on correct places, giving appropriate title to every page, etc.
- Off-Page SEO – It includes link building, increasing link popularity by submitting open directories, search engines, link exchange, etc.